To Bid Farewell & Evolve in Change

In preparation to celebrate its 40th anniversary this year - something bold (my favorite type of coffee) and new revealed by Starbucks. No not a new coffee: but a new logo. I along with tons of other things, I am just obsessed with logo's !  The Starbucks logo has been one of my favorites for all these years...

Through the years in Design: 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s...Now !

About two weeks ago during a webcast meeting the Seattle-based coffee giant unveiled a new logo that no longer includes the 'Starbucks Coffee' name.  It is still a circle logo and it is still the bright green hue that I love. It now depicts only the mermaid: the symbol of the original Starbucks logo that was in dark brown-black. Ironically thru the years, she too has evolved in design and now 'emerges' out of the 'circles within.'

..."Even though we have been and always will be a coffee company and retailer, it's possible we'll have other products with our name on it and no coffee in it,"Chief Executive Howard Schultz said. He added that any noncoffee products Starbucks sells will adhere to the same standards the company applies to its coffee. "We're not going to put our name on things that dilute the quality of Starbucks."  - Schultz added...

Time to say "good-bye" and evolve in Business !

So Starbucks is now - all of the sudden - focusing on becoming more of a "consumer packaged-goods company."  According the heads at the huge corporation: the updated logo reflects the company's new emphasis on selling Starbucks-brand products in supermarkets and other channels beyond its retail stores.  I believe the key word is "emphasis" - as Starbucks has been selling tons of 'products' along with the actual coffee at supermarkets and stores for years now ! Am I wrong ?

At Christmas time each year I make sure to scour the shelves and bins of my fav Walgreens looking for great stylish Starbucks gift-sets, as I absolutely love (loved) the logo.  There have been great items at the actual stores and online too. I do feel, however, that in the past years - the items and selection have been lacking in style !  I am glad to have at least two gigantic porcelain cappucino cups gracing the now "old" logo.  It goes without saying that I now will covet & search for any "old logo" products in my many shopping travels.

It seems so naked to me !  It is basically the inside circle of the logo now "out" - sans the type and extra circles. Say good-bye to the two great stars that were on it that I really liked as well.  Wow, I will sooo have to get used to it and still think it's strange - but I am somehow warming up to it, no pun intended.  Change is good and sometimes requires adjustment. I do realize that to some this is a "nothing" matter - but to me: interesting in Business & in Design, in Coffee & in Life.

*  *  *  *  *  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Absolute Great Necessities for @Home !